Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Book Review- This Strange and Familiar Place

I finished reading This Strange and Familiar Place (So Close To You #2) by Rachel Carter a few days ago.

From Goodreads:

These are the things of which Lydia is now certain:

The Montauk Project has been experimenting with time travel for years.

The Project's subjects are "recruits" from across time, recruits like Wes, Lydia's ally, friend, and love.

The Project is now responsible for the disappearance of two members of her family...

The conspiracy theorists were right about the Montauk Project all along. In this sequel to So Close to You, they're coming for Lydia next...


Once again I'm really surprised that I found a time travel book so interesting.  I couldn't put it down!  Reading back over the review of the first book in the series, I didn't seem to like Wes much.  I liked him much more this time around.  I believed in his relationship with Lydia this time.

It was interesting to see how everything was connected.  And to see how one little event in time can affect future events.  I liked the side characters of Tag, Nikki, and LJ.  They each had their own little personalities and I grew to really like them.

The end really threw me for a loop.  I was ready to throw my book against a wall.  Luckily everything was right-ed (is that even the correct way to use the word?) in the last 3 pages and I was okay with it.  I'm dying to get my hands on the third book in the series!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment