Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Book Review- To All the Boys I've Loved Before

I finished reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han last night for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

This was the first Jenny Han book I've read, although I've heard many great things about her stories.  And this one didn't disappoint. 

I was easily engaged in the story.  Having the letters that you wrote to boys as closure sent out?  Horrifying!  So I couldn't wait to see what would happen.  I do have to say that Lara Jean seemed younger than a junior.  She seemed almost 13 or 14 to me.  Heck, her 9 year old sister seemed more mature than her. 

That aside, I liked the characters.  Especially the boys.  Josh is the total boy-next-door.  And Peter had this sweet side to his normal cockiness.  I also liked that family was such a strong theme in this book.  It's not often that you see that in young adult books but I loved that the dad was so involved and all the sisters were so close.

 All parts of the book were predictable but that didn't stop my enjoyment any.  And I'll gladly pick up the next book in the series when it comes out.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before will be released on April 15, 2014.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment