Monday, March 31, 2014

Book Review- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend

I started and finished Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn yesterday for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Summer, boys, and friendships gone sour. This new series has everything that perfect beach reads are made of!

Gemma just got dumped and is devastated. She finds herself back in the Hamptons for the summer—which puts her at risk of bumping into Hallie, her former best friend that she wronged five years earlier. Do people hold grudges that long?

When a small case of mistaken identity causes everyone, including Hallie and her dreamy brother Josh, to think she’s someone else, Gemma decides to go along with it.

Gemma's plan is working (she's finding it hard to resist Josh), but she's finding herself in embarrassing situations (how could a bathing suit fall apart like that!?). Is it coincidence or is someone trying to expose her true identity? And how will Josh react if he finds out who she is?

Katie Finn hits all the right notes in this perfect beginning to a new summer series: A Broken Hearts & Revenge novel.


Wow.  I can't remember the last time I read a whole book in one day.  I'll be honest--when I read the summary, I thought it sounded too young for me.  But I was wrong.  This book was light but not too fluffy and just what I was looking for.  Yes, the ending was predictable but that didn't stop me from enjoying it any!

I really liked Gemma.  I mean Sophie.  I mean... :)  Even though she went about it the wrong way, she was sincere about regretting her past mistakes and wanting to make it up to Hallie.  And I liked Hallie, or at least the Hallie from the middle of the book.  (And Hallie's mom Karen--they never said what her current job was or how she got all her money but am I the only one that thought she was the author of the vampire novel??)  And Josh. Yum.  A sweet, hot, jock.  Sounds like my kind of guy.

I literally flew through this book.  And I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend will be released on May 13, 2014.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment