Sunday, January 5, 2014

Book Review- Flirting in Italian

I finished Flirting in Italian last night by Lauren Henderson.

From Goodreads:

Four girls. One magical, and possibly dangerous Italian summer. Family mysteries, ancient castles, long hot nights of dancing under the stars . . . and, of course, plenty of gorgeous Italian boys!

So by now we all now my love for boarding schools.  And four girls living together away from home is kinda boarding school-ish, right?  Plus I love reading stories about countries I've been to.

I enjoyed the four main girls.  They all had their differences but formed a friendship (although for some reason, I kept getting Kendra and Paige confused.  I'm not sure why).  I liked Violet.  I thought she was a strong character (except I did get a little tired of hearing her inner monologue about she was NOT going to let Luca treat her that way.  And then she did.)  But I didn't really get the appeal of Luca.  He wasn't very nice and didn't sound all that great looking.  Must have been that whole foreign boy thing.

The ending had some nice little surprises.  I'm not sure I really believe one of them though.  Luckily I have the next book in the series, Kissing in Italian, coming to me soon!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I borrowed this book from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment