Saturday, July 6, 2013

Book Review- The Cinderella Pact

I finished reading The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer last night.

From Goodreads:


In this funny and big-hearted story by the author of The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives, three
best friends make a pact to transform themselves into the glamorous women they've always wanted to be.

Nola Devlin has a secret identity. By day she is an overweight, frumpy, and overlooked editor, but by night she slips behind her keyboard and into her alter ego: Belinda Apple. Belinda is thin, gorgeous, and the author of a glamorous advice column, OnBeing Fab! Not even Nola's two best friends or her jealous sister (who worships Belinda as the "sister she never had") know her secret.

Nola is shocked when Belinda receives a desperate letter from Deb, her best friend and former cheerleading captain, now also overweight and depressed. Nola resolves to help her friend, and together with their pal Nancy, the trio form the "Cinderella Pact", a promise to be their own fairy- godmothers and help change one another for good.

But things don't turn out the way the three friends expect. Deb's formerly devoted husband drifts further away with every pound she loses, while Nola finds herself caught between a crush on her dreamy boss and the attentions of a charming British reporter. But which of them loves the real Nola? Only when her secret identity is revealed will she find out which man is right for her, and if her two best friends can forgive her deception.


It's been way too long since I've read a good chick-lit book.  I have to admit, I picked up this book just because of the title.  Anything that has anything to do with anything that sounds like Disney interests me.  I needed something to take on my beach vacation and this hit the spot.

I liked Nola.  She was real and down to earth but still had imagination and fantasy.  I loved how she wanted to better herself but it wasn't without challenges.  And of course, I loved all the Cinderella references. 

I have another book by Sarah Strohmeyer to indulge in next--The Sleeping Beauty Proposal.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 34
 

*FTC Disclosure: I bought this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment