Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Sunday Salon- January 13, 2013

The Sunday Salon

On Saturday, my friend and I ran our second half marathon, the Walt Disney World Half Marathon.  We dressed up as the Cheshire Cat.  We finished 30 seconds over my goal time of 2 hours and 45 minutes.  But my Runkeeper app said we ran 0.16 miles more than we did for the other half marathon, but we were 5 minutes faster.  So that's good!  My knee started bothering me a Mile 1.5 when we went up the first curved overpass.  It bugged me the rest of the race, but not enough to slow me down.  After I got home I could barely walk though.  I had to walk straight-legged, with a limp.  Luckily, I felt much better the next day.  We have a 5k at Universal next Saturday so we'll see how it feels then.  Oh, and we signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare which is a race at Disneyland over Labor Day Weekend.  Its a 10k on Saturday and Half Marathon on Sunday (my birthday!)

I finished and reviewed the following books last week:
Dualed today by Elsie Chapman











I fulfilled items in the following challenges last week:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 4
2013 ARC Reading Challenge: 3
2013 Debut Author Challenge: 2
2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 3
2013 Quick Fix Challenge: 2

I read Shadows in Silence (Angelfire #3) by Courtney Allison Moulton next and am currently reading Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano.

No comments:

Post a Comment