Monday, March 26, 2012

The Sunday Salon- March 25, 2012

The Sunday Salon

I didn't do a Sunday Salon last week since all of the books I had read for the week were to posted at a later date and I didn't have anything to put up! 

Yesterday my friend and I ran our first 10k!  It's the longest I've run yet!  We ended up feeling pretty good but the course was rough.  A lot of it was on cobblestone, which doesn't sound bad but the bricks were uneven and there were lots of little dips and holes.  I was so afraid that I was going to fall!  Our time was 1 hour, 13 minutes and 57 seconds.  So for 6.2 miles, that just under 12 minutes per mile.  Not bad!  I just signed us up for the Disney Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September!  The training for that doesn't start until May 29th, so I think I'm going to give myself a week of rest.  I have pretty bad shin splints and I'm hoping the week of rest will help!

I finished and reviewed the following books in the past week:
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock











I fulfilled items in the following challenges in the past week:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 24, 25, 26, 27
2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 21, 22, 23, 24
2012 Debut Author Challenge: 6, 7, 8
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 21, 22, 23, 24
Completely Contemp Challenge 2012: 2012-4
2012 Standalone Reading Challenge: 5

I am currently reading The Savage Grace and up next, if no tour books come in first, is Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan.

No comments:

Post a Comment