Sunday, January 23, 2011

Book Review- Mercy

I just finished reading Mercy by Rebecca Lim for a Book It Forward ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, MERCY is the first book in a major new paranormal series.

There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive.

Mercy doesn't realise it yet, but as she journeys into the darkest places of the human soul, she discovers that she is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer. Now she must atone for taking his side. To find her own way back to heaven, Mercy must help a series of humans in crisis and keep the unwary from getting caught up in the games that angels play. Ultimately she must choose between her immortal companion, Lucifer, and a human boy who risks everything for her love.
 
This book had an interesting premise.  I thougtht it was interesting how Mercy  had to take over Carmen's body.  And maybe that's why I didn't really connect with her.  She seemed aloof and just distant to me.
 
There was a big mystery in the story.  The twin sister of the boy who Mercy/Carmen is staying with as part of an exchange program was kidnapped two years ago.  Their parents believe she is dead, but Ryan feels that she is still alive.  And Mercy wants to help find her.  Unfortunately, this story was predictive in the fact that I pretty much knew right away who the kidnapper was.  Without saying too much, I feel the ending was too quick.  I felt that there needed to be more action there.
 
But there is still more to come from Mercy.  It will be interesting to see what body she takes over and what happens to her next.
 
I gave this book a rating of 3/5.
 
Mercy will be released on May 17, 2011.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 A to Z Challenge: L
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 6
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 5
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 4

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Book It Forward ARC Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment