Thursday, July 29, 2010

Book Review- Low Red Moon

I just finished reading Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

Avery Hood is reeling from the loss of her parents--and the fact that she can't remember what happened to them even though she was there.

She's struggling to adjust to life without them, and to living with her grandmother, when she meets Ben, who isn't like any guy she's ever met before.

It turns out there's a reason why, and Ben's secret may hold the key to Avery finding out what happened to her parents...

But what if that secret changes everything she knows about--and feels for--Ben?
 
***I've heard that this isn't the final cover...can't wait to see what it is!
 
This book was a little weird for me.  I read it all in one sitting but several times I found myself looking up and thinking that I wasn't sure if I was enjoying the book or not.  But now that I'm done with it, I did enjoy it.
 
It was hard to get into at first.  The writing seemed a little choppy, like it didn't flow that well.  But then I got used to it and didn't notice it.  At the same time, it was very easy to picture in my head.  I could see it being made into an action/horror movie and I think it would translate well.  And the ending, well, lets just say that I didn't figure it out until only a couple of pages before Avery did (which is a good thing--I like being surprised).
 
The characters themselves were good.  I liked Avery and Renee.  There is definitely more about Renee that I want to know about.  And Ben was okay, but I have to say that I didn't really like their instant connection.  It was too fast for me, even knowing that they're bonded.
 
That being said, there has to be a sequel!  I am lefting wanting to know so much more!  Like I said before, I want to know more about Renee.  I want to know WHY Ben and Avery are bonded.  I want to know more about Avery's power.  And I want to know just what is coming!  Please let there be a sequel!
 
I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.
 
Low Red Moon will be released on September 14, 2010.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 100
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 74
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 72

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

3 comments:

  1. SOO with you on all this - I CANT wait for more...Really enjoyed this novel, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this. I love fairy tale retellings. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing. The last 50 pages were perfect. The beginning needed some work.

    ReplyDelete