Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Book Review- One More Bite

I just finished reading One More Bite by Jennifer Rardin.

From Jennifer Rardin's website:

Jaz and Vayl have been assigned to travel to Inverness to prevent an assassination that has the potential to upset the balance between the west coast vampire nests and allow another Raptor to emerge. In the power vacuum left by Edward “the Raptor” Samos’ death, a struggle for supremacy has begun between his former allies: The Coven of Inverness, the Valencian Weres and The Flock. The struggle takes on a new twist when Pete learns that the Valencians have hired an assassin to take out the Coven’s leader, a powerful witch named Floraidh Halsey. Jaz and Vayl must stalk a killer as wily and Gifted as themselves as they travel through the wild, stark beauty of the Highlands. Their travels also bring new heights to their romance, a new depth to their passion, and a bond they are both, at last, willing to seal.

The 5th book in the Jaz Parks series was just okay for me.  While I really like all of the characters, I'm not such a fan of the plot.  I love all of the characters in this series.  I like that Jaz is a kick-butt girl, but still has this soft side of her that love Vayl.  And I like her humor.  And I find Vayl intriguing and Cole is just plain cute (and his feelings for Jaz are so sweet!)  I really liked the new character that was in this story, Viv, although throughout the whole book I couldn't decide if she was a good guy (or rather girl) or bad guy. 

But the plot just doesn't do it for me.  I find myself often confused and trying to think back to figure out what is going on.  And a lot of it  I just plain don't get.  But maybe that's me.  But I will still continue to read this series and look forward to the next book, Bite Marks.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fulfilled an item in the following challenge:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Psychics/Sensitives

*FTC Disclosure:  I traded for the copy of this book with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment